Sunday, April 26, 2009

Let's give this another go

I just baked my first gluten-free baked good and I AM SO IMPRESSED with the recipe! So impressed I've decided to re-commit myself to this whole blog thing! I mean...don't these look GREAT!?!?!??!

Photobucket


And yes, they actually taste really good! They are Blueberry Oat so they have a nice texture (I normally find rice-flour goods to be too fine grained) and a little crunch. I used rice flour (with some xanthum gum) and Bob's Red Mill rolled oats and frozen blueberries. I was afraid the muffins would be overly sweet (they have a LOT of sugar in them so definitely not low cal) but they are just right. I also really like this recipe because it's easy to make completely vegan since it actually calls for "egg replacer" (??) but I used regular eggs.

I got the recipe from Karina's Kitchen. I would definitely recommend this recipe and the website if you are ever in need of a gluten-free recipe.

As you know, I am not allergic to gluten, but a couple of my co-workers are and I'm bringing breakfast treats to work tomorrow for our Monday staff meeting to celebrate my boss's birthday. My boss is not gluten-intolerant so I'm going making something else for her...stay tuned.

1 comment: