Friday, January 16, 2009

chocolat

Today has been a wonderful day!

Today I had my first official "chocolate tasting" experience!

Obviously this was not my first time ever eating chocolate or even eating good chocolate but it was my first time discussing it and analyzing it much like a fine wine. And for those of you who are into wine know that you haven't really ever experienced wine until you've tasted with a professional to coach you through it.

My professional coach today was none other than IM's IT guru Andrew. Andrew is an amazing guy. Not only is he a huge chocolate buff but he can help you with technology without making you feel like an idiot and he never loses his cool despite how many problems we throw in his face or how demanding we (our office especially) can be. I also love that he is a secret Mac user. IT guys are never into Macs.

BUT I digress.

We conducted the tasting in true IT nerd fashion...over Skype because Andrew is in Boston. It was super fun, I can see I have a lot to learn! I've never enjoyed a mid-day chocolate break so much! Today we tasted fancy dark chocolate from around the world and savored all the subtle toasty, sweet, buttery, raisiny, herby and citrusy flavors that can be found in cocoa! Andrew was so informative and so excited and the experience literally left a smile on my face. It's been a long, high stress week at work and this was by far the best way to celebrate Friday.

Now I want more chocolate and a hefty serving of wine!

Happy weekend all! I will have more posts with some recipes etc soon!

1 comment:

  1. I was there!! It was amazing! So fun - even over Skype. Three cheers for The Snickers!!

    ReplyDelete